The purpose of this section is to identify the MANPRINT Team and to delineate some of the functions they perform to support the MANPRINT.
- Headquarters, Department of the Army (HQDA)
Office of the Deputy Chief of Staff, G-1
MANPRINT Research and Analysis Branch (MRAB)
- Establish Army-wide MANPRINT policies.
- Review Operational Requirements Documents (ORDs), Manpower Estimates (MEs), Mission Need Statements (MNSs) and Capstone Requirements Documents (CRDs).
- Finalize MANPRINT Assessments.
- Proponent for the Army MANPRINT Training.
- Sponsor MANPRINT Symposium every 18 months.
- U. S. Army Material Command (AMC)
U. S. Army Research Laboratory (ARL)
Human Research and Engineering Directorate (HRED)
Human Factors Integration Division (HFID)
- Serve as the MANPRINT focal point for coordinating domain support for ICTs and IPTs.
- Provide Human Factors Engineering expertise to ICTs and IPTs.
- Draft MANPRINT assessments.
- Provide Manpower, Personnel, Training (MPT) and SSV expertise on non-major system ICTs and IPTs.
- Conduct MPT and SSV Assessments on non-major systems.
- Assist/consult with U. S. Army Test and Evaluation Command (ATEC) in embedding MANPRINT issues and concerns in test and evaluation plans.
- Provide ATEC with field element personnel to work on tests, with reimbursement.
- Assist ATEC in MANPRINT evaluation of selected system operational tests.
- Provide MANPRINT qualified contractor (with reimbursement) and other MANPRINT support to ATEC.
- Provide HFE Assessments.
- Provide Manpower, Personnel and Training (MPT) support to ICTs and IPTs on major systems.
- Conduct MPT Assessments on major systems.
Back to Top
- Survivability Analysis Directorate (SLAD)
- Provide soldier survivability expertise to ICTs and IPTs.
- Conduct soldier survivability assessments on ACAT I & II combat acquisition systems as required.
- U. S. Army Communications-Electronics Command (CECOM)
- Provide system safety support to information technology ICTs and IPTs.
- Conduct system safety assessments on information technology systems.
- Office of the Surgeon General (OTSG)
U. S. Army Medical Command (MEDCOM)
U. S. Army Center for Health Promotion
and Preventive Medicine (USAPHC)
HHA Executive Agent
- Provide Health Hazard expertise to ICTs and IPTs.
- U.S. Army Medical Department Center and School (AMEDDC&S)
- U.S. Army Safety Center
- Provide copy of the Independent Safety Assessment to DAPE-MR, ARL-HRED and the MANPRINT WIPTRDEC.
- Conduct System Safety Risk Assessments on major systems.
- U. S. Army Test & Evaluation Command (ATEC)
- Include MANPRINT considerations in system tests and evaluations. The tests will address total system MANPRINT requirements including the requirements to operate, maintain, support and train the system.
- Analyze MANPRINT issues and measures identified from all sources as potential issues to be addressed across the full spectrum of system tests and evaluations.
- Provide representation to ICTs and the MANPRINT WIPTs, as appropriate.
- Encourage that MANPRINT Training be provided as a minimum to personnel with system test and evaluation responsibilities, as appropriate.
Back to Top